This is the ultimate national awards program for young hospitality professionals. The Awards have garnered firm support from Australia’s culinary heavyweights with a highly acclaimed panel of judges, supporters and mentors including Guy Grossi, Chris Taylor, Peter Gilmore, Mark Best, Christine Manfield, Philip Johnson and Luke Mangan.
Searching Australia for emerging talent within the restaurant and catering industry, the Awards are more than a competition. They aim to inspire and support future industry leaders through unique educational elements, career opportunities and enviable prizes.
Application forms and further details are available online at www.appetiteforexcellence.com
Lucrative Prizes for Young Talent:
The Electrolux Young Chef and Electrolux Young Waiter Winner prize package includes:
• Sanpellegrino offers the Electrolux Young Chef National winner a once in a lifetime experience to represent Australia and compete in the famous S.Pellegrino Cooking Cup in Venice. This is followed by a visit to the source of two of the world’s most renowned mineral waters – S.Pellegrino located in the Italian Alps and Acqua Panna positioned in the hills of Tuscany, where both the Electrolux Young Chef and Electrolux Young Waiter National Winners will experience the rich heritage, lifestyle and culture of each of the waters.
• Return overseas flights to attend the S.Pellegrino Cooking Cup and participate in two weeks work experience at a world leading restaurant overseas
• $3,000 cash to assist with travel & overseas work experience expenses
• The highly-acclaimed title and an accompanying trophy
• Media opportunities
The Electrolux Young Restaurateur Winner prize package offers:
• A unique opportunity from Sanpellegrino with an all expenses paid trip to London to attend “The S.Pellegrino Worlds 50 Best Restaurants Awards”
• Return overseas flights to attend the S.Pellegrino World’s 50 Best Restaurants event
• $8,000 cash to be invested in their business under the guidance of the judging panel
• Media opportunities
Entries open: 21 February 2011
Applications close: 01 May 2011
National Finalist Judging (chefs & waiters): 27 June 2011
Final Judging (chefs & waiters): 28 June 2011
National finalists’ produce tour: 01 August – 07 August 2011
Young Restaurateur Judging: 08 August 2011
Winners’ announcement event: 08 August 2011